Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blue collar Fool.

   In My Life I continue to be astounded with My opportunities. I am standing there and talking to The Foreman on the Crew when the Owner of the Company drives up. We are looking at a project that I Myself Fucked up, a big one yet small. To elaborate We are working on a roof I Myself have never rough cut before nor had the Bosses on the Job. I cut it on a 3/12 roof pitch and fit 'er in. I had to meet  People at the job I was finishing that day and left after lunch or I would have saw I was in the wrong soon and fixed it. That left the second in command for the Company and another damn good Carpenter to figure out what in the Hell I just did. After I came back Yesterday We were spinning. George said go to the other end, and even mentioned how I was out  of plump too. It is a mind bender until You set it on the walls right, then You say O.K. because of the simplicity. To a Carpenter out there I have these words of wisdom. If You have a roof on a 3/12 pitch with a four foot overhang? Just look at it as a floor system with a four foot canterlever. Then set it on a rake and You got it. Four days. Finally the Foreman running the job figured it out after We had ran one full area. It was luckily an easy fix at a small cost. My last job before the one prior to this I cut in a roof with six different roof pitches, I still have the blueprints. Normally there are drawings that are for specific areas to help the Tradesmen, We get kinda disconboobuliated quite often. I even explained what We had been up too to the Boss and He still out in front of Everybody there that He wanted Me as His Boss over all jobs. After He left I pulled Marty, Georges Brother Our Foreman, over to the side. After I told Him that I consider Him the Boss He told to go for it. That is a serious job for a Dummy. Hell, I am telling You all of this to show that I am not a complete Moron. Around fifth or sixth in command for a general contractor is impressive. But I know My real job, to be around when Guys are screwing off, I'll be good at it too. His payroll is getting too high and He said He is getting to that point. Sad thing about the situation is that George has the Labor and They have a way of stretching out breaks and lunch, I'll keep a serious eye on it too. Bonuses are earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment