Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What is possible

   What I have to say is about My life in the past three years. I did go to Santa Monica and live in a tent with the hopes of running into this Richard Pattison. Then I wound up in jail in Cheyenne for four months. Finally found work in Dakota and wound up back in Wyoming where I am at the present. I told You I was to be the project Manager, I did'nt know what I was. I was and still am the Superintendent for the general Contractor. Our finish date was last Friday. I had everything going smooth until the Contractor sent a Kid from Casper to do the job. It took Him three days to do a one day job. We did pass inspection Friday but needed one more thing before We'd receive a final approval and it was waiting on that inspection. By ten thirty Monday morning when the Inspector left We had Our final. One Kid can screw everything up for You just like that. This morning I said I need a day off, I am finished after two working days. The thing is I did all the punch list, which was mainly cosmetic, and had started on it before I even got the official list in My hands. Being the Boss I walked around with the Gal that wrote it. As soon as She left I was working on it. I told Her Yesterday I was ready for Her final walk. We'll see how that goes before I am complete. This company has'nt had a Man turn in a Job on time for a few years. His Daughters house where I started in December I have also been setting interior doors and doing trim out. As matter of fact the Bosses Son just called, so much for a day off, He wants the last three doors hung Today. What I want to stress here is that if People got out of the areas where the work is sparse it can be a turn around. When I was in Dakota though the paper read that a Homeless Guy was arrested in Williston right after getting there just for being Homeless, even when You try People take You down because They can. Mister I was given a set of plans and a one dollar raise when I started My project. I was given a dollar raise two weeks straight. It was'nt My first Foreman job, but a first at being the Boss over the whole thing. I now understand a little bit about other trades. Oh well huh? Time to get back after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment