Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Why even try?

   I ask Myself that constantly, then I answer Myself, because it needs to be done. You know these Boy's think it's cute to mess with Me, I never did anything to Them either. I told You about feeling patriotic, I know these Boy's say the opposite because I never signed up for the civil service, as I said I did'nt know I was actually supposed to. But I tell You here and now I would have if I'd known better. You cannot get certain jobs in America if You don't. But I am not the one that was going around saying, "I'm not going to Afganistan and fight for oil.", Richard Pattison sure as Hell was. I know why now, He wanted Me to start saying it so I would look bad, there is no way I would even think of saying such an absurdity. In the first place when others are dieing it would be My duty to stand beside Them, not turn tail and let Them be killed, even if it was for something I did'nt believe in. After the attacks on New York I asked a recruiter what the cutoff age was for joining, I missed it by only a couple of years, I was seriously thinking of joining. I still tell Myself and others that I made a mistake by not going into the Navy right out of High school, the benefits plus the retirement if You stay in is well worth it in My opinion, plus You are able to see the World. I would have had to bring My science grade up a bit, I saw My grades from My last four years of school, I had a B average in everything except science. I have to tell You though, I took all the easy classes I could and was in remedial math and reading. You know what's a kick in the ass about life, science to Me now is one of the most interesting things I can think of. My two younger sisters went in to the Navy, one has been to Kuwait and Afganistan in recent Years, I'm proud of Them both. I'll end tonight by sending My regards to those overseas, I hope You Folks make it back safe and as soon as possible. Sincerely, Kelly McGill.

No comments:

Post a Comment