Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dead Head

   Yup, that one states a lot. I tell You straight out My first acid trip was when I was alone at My apartment when a Woman came by and asked if I wanted to buy some acid. This is exactly at the time I got out of the shower. The next thing I find is an album by Pink Floyd on the turntable. I knew I was playing lead that night. The very next weekend I was alone at My apartment when a Woman came by and asked if I wanted to buy some acid. This  is exactly at the time I got out of the shower. A little mockery there to prove a point. On that evening I found a cassette tape of Rushes 2112 sitting on top of the stereo, I didn't own one. Soon after Bill Rowley, an old Friend of Mine, told Me that "Richard wants You to join a band, He'll teach You to play the Bass.", I was a gullible Kid at nineteen, I thought I was destined to be a star. Soon after that life changes began when I moved to Austin Texas, great city Austin is. Kevin Childers a Kid from Riverton where this all started happened to join up with Me on the journey. As the saying goes, "Just out of the blue.". That is pretty much where I got the great idea of asking this Fella to go along. I didn't really know the Guy He was a Friend of Bills. Once We were established with an apartment, Kevin and this Kid We worked with named Scott Carroll wanted to do acid all the time. Bad move on My part. Did'nt know to just hold it in Your mouth and absorb the acid then spit it out rather than to consume what will destroy Your brain. Nonsense, Period! Strange is what I call a plot such as this. These People were trying to make a drugged out Rock Star is simple to see. Proof? I have none, but His name is Richard Pattison if You want to know Who the ringleader is. And Yes I did walk into a party at the Marriott in Austin, on acid, Dumbass. I made a Fool out of Myself that night as I have on so many occasions. But before I totally lost My senses I met a Gentleman that told Me when I mentioned that We were forming a band, "I have connections.". I said We weren't really formed yet instead of getting a number, Greenhorn for damn sure. If this Young an is happening to be out there or Anyone else I can prove it was Me there because I have a picture at the Folks house with that same shirt on. Long hair, Flip flops, a white tooth earing and a white western dress shirt on, I was fit to kill. The next weekend We were tripping again. Hey when I say I was handed a copy of Playboy with a headline reading, "Stoned Hippy carries along Hallucenagens.", I should have caught the meaning. But I thought this was a story about some Kid. I never read the main story, the one about Myself. Kick Yourself again? Yep. Now Richard is some popular Jack laughing it up. I read every page except that one. When I saw the continuance of it I saw My name and still never got an interest to read it. I was doing some serious acid People. If I were to continue to night I would have to write  for a while to tell You how many acid trips came along after Richards Friend happened along and wound up living in My house. Acid just kept happening along. And I never realized what it is that was going on with My life. As I have told You I jumped on top of Sheila, and three years later walked away from Nancy in a daze. My head jerked back towards the dance floor uncontrollably. True love hurts when You are apart. I just hope that once a Fool always a Fool is the life I live. "Everything happens for a reason.", I live to see what's a around the corner. Watch Your Friends is the Moral of the story, have a wonderful, fantastic, unforgettable evening, Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment