Thursday, July 18, 2013

I just gotta talk I guess.

   I'm here on Earth on this day of 2013, in the month of July on the day of the 18th. "So what.", is an interesting comeback. It reminds Me of, "It's Your own damn fault.", or else, "You should have been old enough to know better.", "Ignorance is no excuse.", again T.V.s heavy influence. I have a life in which I have been the Boss for decades now, I first ran a framing crew in Austin for John Lucas. John and the crowd of Carpenters around are some pretty badass Fellas when They get to moving and I could lag just behind John in naildriving. He has trohpies to prove His prowess with a Rigaxe, 36 nails in  thirty seconds if I remember right was His time for first place. I never beat Him but I was always a half a nail behind when We went side by side. These would have been twelve penny nails driven into fastened down 2x6. The thing about Lucas is that He has a flair that rubs off on You, makes carpentry into an art form. I have the intelligence, and I don't say lightly when I say barely, it takes in order to over see a bunch of crews on a job, five all together over a span. The toughest part is that when You are an American white Guy running the job everything goes wrong. Then You go to another job for the same company with the same crews and it looks spectacular, the Boss is a Mexican. Hell They don't want You there period. My last job I made a few mistakes but when We were finished We turned out a good product. You have walls as long as a Hotel You don't build in sections, You frame it all and straighten it out before the floor joist go on. The Contractor told Me, "I have never straightened  a wall, They just put the level on it every so often. I told Him He was going to do so on My job and He replied, "Well I'll just go Home.", after I told Him to go home They lined the walls. You have corridors that have to line up or it makes You look silly when Someone walks down the hall later. Job was commented on by the Project Super telling Me how good I had done. It's an easy one to find too, just go north on I-45 out of Houston, turn off at the Meadowlands hospital exit and loop around then go to the Candlewood suites. Our subs Foreman figured the arched pop ups, They look good. I watched Them boys on Their lining hard on the first three floors, I knew the fourth would be top notch too so I never looked at it once. To all You Carpenters out there listen, when You have a floor system with more then a house size and it rains it swells, saw one in Shreveport where it moved the braced wall five or so inches, that would be the one at the horse tracks. One of Ours moved maybe a half to three quarters out of plumb, there is a reason You gap the Plywood. Only fix I can think of is to score it a blades width starting from the outside working in. What I'm blabbing about is that if I aint stoned on pot I'm still sharp enough to "Git R done." and do it fast with professionalism. I really just want to express to You that I am a capable Person still even though I have the ability to have My mind elsewhere most of the time, Nancy is a regular memory that haunts Me everyday without exception. I have had My knees buckle a few times in My life. Saying this I know I have what it takes to live a productive life, I just have to keep plugging away at that far off reward. I feel I'll never get the response I am looking for here, but it's like a song I have named, "Better Try.". I'm still looking for an outlet for My music, I may have been stumbled across that with My Neighbor, Ya never know. Until then I write I guess. Have a good one, Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment