Thursday, May 15, 2014

What a Kid

   I aint joking when I say I can screw it up quick. The last thing I did Yesterday was take a measurement for the stairs. I was standing on top of the floor when I did so and saw the nine foot mark and wrote down 9' 4". This morning I started setting the landing at that figure, it was 8' 4", damn. I just dodged a bullet though because I only have the landing done. What that means is every step is a quarter of an inch out. That sounds small, but the first one is a quarter the second is a half an inch the third three quarters, etc. I have to put 3/4 ply on the first and tow sheets of 1/2 in on the next. The other one I need to look at closer it should be around two and three quarters low. Easy enough to fix, but a Guy in My position is supposed to pay more attention. It does'nt help when the plans have been deviated from so You are winging it on this house. I am sure as Hell glad I have'nt had any mistakes on the cut in roof. Whew! I have one regret in My life, and that is ever taking any acid at all, and that is the straight up truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment