Saturday, November 2, 2013

My life?

   I told You about going to Santa Monica, I went the second time to track down this Pattison Fella, the first time I went to try and get My life story written. I first started trying to get it wrote right after the attack in New York in 2001. I was so confident that it was going to be written I just dropped everything I owned and went to California. I left a storage unit in Dallas full of tools and drove My truck to Arizona where it broke down and took a bus into L.A. where I first went to Pasadena. After a week there My pants were falling off Me due to the lack of food. I looked for work everyday and in the evening I would go over to where an orange tree was and eat. Finally I went to Santa Monica where I knew Playboy west studios was located. I camped out just down the street. One of the things I left in Dallas was My attempt at writing My biograghy, I bet the Folks that wound up with that unit had a good laugh when They opened it and saw My I.D. I went and got one during lunch one day, They told Me to take My hat off. My picture was with My hair sticking straight up and a goofy smile on My face. Plus I had a shirt on that read Rotten Ralphs, a seriously funny look to tell the truth. My visit was for not, and I soon left California after around seven months in the streets. They really make it too easy out there for You, I knew where to get three meals a day during the week. And on Saturday You could really stock up for Sunday, there are a lot of fat Homeless People out there. I have seen it where a Drunk is passed out and People will lay money down next to Him so that when He awakens He can go get a beer. After I left I hitch hiked for nearly five thousand miles. First I went to St. Louis and stayed with My Nephew, after a week there and no work I went to Memphis. Three days there and I was off to Nashville. I have been told My songs are pretty good so I thought I'd try that route. A street musician plays His heart out and gets little in return. I made $1. in Nashville. I was playing and a Man and His wife were standing at the light waiting for it to change, at first They ignored Me, but after listening for a second He turned back and gave Me a buck. Everytime I found a place where I could make some real cash I was run off, it sucks being out there and busting You hump for change. To finish the trip I went back to Dallas and finally to Austin. I took on a job building pre-fabbed arches right next to Dell computers in Round Rock, all I had was a borrowed saw and cord. Where I learned to frame We used axes, I'm still faster then You would believe driving nails. John Lucas was My Boss for years in Austin, He has trophies the size of a Man for competition nail driving, I was always just a breath slower. He won first place one year with 36 nails in 30 seconds. It did'nt take Me long to be able to buy a truck and I was going strong again. I could still go to Texas and run a crew of My own but it's getting rough to do anymore, the Mexicans are taking it over. Enough rambling on for tonight, I just felt like talking about trying to get My story told, so I'll quit with this said. Good night and have a great weekend, Kelly.

1 comment:

  1. I mad a mistake, that was not the time I worked near Dell, that was in 2000. The time I went back on this journey was when I was sleeping in the woods and was shot at. I then moved north when I went to work for Jon Pierson, that is where I was when that old Boy came into the woods yelling My name. I have to think back at times where I was in life, My memory is'nt the greatest.

    ReplyDelete