Monday, April 14, 2014

Life and Death

   I am at a stage in My life in which I am seeing My Parents reaching the end of Their lives, and it is nothing nice either. My Dad is a stubborn old codger and thinks He knows better than most. When My Sister told Me He fell down twice the other day I talked to Him about what's going on. He is on meds for His leg pain and eats like a Bird, well His legs look like a Bird too. I took Him some protein shake mix I had and called the rest of My Sisters and My Nephew that's closest to Him and told Them all to call Him and tell Him He has to eat. He is now eating regular and taking at least three muscle milk shakes a day. Stubbornness runs in the Family I tell Ya. I again was told Today that He fell again Yesterday so I took Him My walking stick for when I go hiking, I told Him it's better than the pink cane Mom has. He went with His feet being colder than normal without telling Anyone for quite a spell, the first thing I said was it sounds like a loss of circulation. He has now been to a couple Doctors trying to figure out what in the Heck is going on. We hope for the best. It's as They say, "When You retire You just fade away.". I have had quite a few Men say this about Our Elders in the past. Dad just recently quit driving a semi, His second retirement, and now He is going down hill fast. It bothers a Person to watch it unfold so fast. I guess the moral of the story is to take care of Yourselves until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment